Welcome to Real Food Radio! This week Nicole and I discuss the ever popular ketogenic diet. The ketogenic diet, or keto, is a high fat, low carbohydrate diet that has been shown to help with weight loss but is it really sustainable and good for long term health?
Also discussed in Episode 28…
- Nourish Your Fertility
- Nourish Your Fertility Website
- What is a Ketogenic Diet?
- Transitioning body from using glucose as fuel to ketones as fuel
- Blood sugar management
- Is Keto sustainable?
- Why isn’t your body dealing with carbohydrates appropriately?
- Improving the body’s ability to improve carb metabolism
- Healthier carbohydrate choices
- Nutrient density of diet
- Sustainability of Keto
- Diet mentality
- Short term versus long term results from Keto
- Keto Study
- The Blood Sugar Roller Coaster
Disclaimer: Nothing in this podcast should be taken as medical advice.
Body Composition testing at Boston Functional Nutrition
Body Composition testing at Whole Health RD
Nourish You Fertility on Facebook
Boston Functional Nutrition on Facebook
Whole Health RD
Whole Health RD on Facebook
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
Thanks for listening!