Real Food Radio Episode 007: Managing Autoimmunity with Daphne Olivier, RD
Welcome Back to Real Food Radio!
On this episode, Ayla talks with “registered yet unconventional dietitian” Daphne Olivier about autoimmunity and the most common hypothyroid condition, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis. Daphne shares her personal experience with the disease and the importance of nutrition and lifestyle changes in managing autoimmune disorders.
Also discussed in Episode 7…
- About Daphne’s practice and how she weaves functional medicine and nutrition with applicable culinary skills
- Defining Autoimmunity and the most common autoimmune disease, Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis
- Why a gluten-free diet is necessary for those diagnosed with an autoimmune disease
- Looking at the relationship between a leaky gut and autoimmune disorders
- The importance of reducing stress while coping with an autoimmune disease
- Tips for maintaining an autoimmune friendly diet long-term and making food prep easier
- How Daphne helps clients along their journey of dealing with an autoimmune disorder as a Real Food Dietitian
- Incorporating fermented foods into an autoimmune diet
- 5R Approach to dealing with an autoimmune condition
Setting up your Real Food Kitchen
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
You can find us on iTunes and on Stitcher – be sure to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!
If you liked this article, join our email list to receive more quality, women's health content right in your inbox.
Your email address is safe. We promise to never spam you.
Leave a Comment