Ginger Infusion Recipe
We love a ginger infusion around here. Aside from being spicy and warming, it has a broad range of health benefits. It is antimicrobial and a potent antiviral, making it a perfect drink to use when you’re fighting a cold, flu, respiratory infections, or when you’re trying to break a fever. It also is a known carminative and digestive aid, so it’s helpful to relieve gas, alleviate cramping, and help ease nausea, motion sickness, even morning sickness. Important to note this could be a great friend while you’re pregnant! It also has general anti-inflammatory effects, which makes it useful to consume year-round!
- 1-2 inches of raw ginger with the skin
- 2 cups of filtered water
- Optional: 1 inch turmeric root with the skin and/or squeeze of lemon
- Place ginger, water, and optional items in blender
- Blend until all mixed well
- Let sit or can immediately sift through small colander or cheesecloth