Real Food Radio Episode 001: Real Food Strategies to Boost Your Immune System
Welcome to the very first episode of Real Food Radio!
We’re passionate about food that truly nourishes and fundamentally respects human dignity and health, animal welfare, social justice, and environmental sustainability. I am an RD who blogs at eatsimply.org and am the owner of Boston Functional Nutrition. Diana Rodgers is a farmer, author and nutritionist blogging at sustainabledish.com and the owner of radiance nutrition therapy. Join us each episode for information on functional nutrition, lifestyle tips, and much more!
With cold and flu season upon us, we discuss our favorite tips and tricks for boosting immunity. Hint: Ditch the sugar and pick up a steaming cup of bone broth.
Also discussed in Episode 1…
- Meet Diana Rodgers & Ayla Withee!
- Our stance on real food and how it differs from conventional advice
- Gut health: The first line of defense in healing the immune system
- Probiotic & prebiotic-rich foods to promote healthy gut bacteria
- Sugar’s role in chronic inflammation & suppressing the immune system
- How sleep affects our immune system
- The healing benefits of delicious bone broth
- Supplements and herbal remedies to boost immune system: Elderberry syrup, Vitamin C, Echinacea & Multivitamins
- Oil pulling
- Epsom salt baths
Links mentioned in Episode 1…
Boston Functional Nutrition
Fields of Athenry Bone Broth
Nom Nom Paleo Bone Broth Recipe
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
You can find us on iTunes and on Stitcher – be sure to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!
If you liked this article, join our email list to receive more quality, women's health content right in your inbox.
Your email address is safe. We promise to never spam you.
Really informative stuff ladies! Looking forward to hearing more podcasts 🙂 I love my epsom salt baths at night as well!
there is no sense. Dairy free probiotic