Real Food Radio Episode 003: Balance Your Blood Sugar
Welcome Back to Real Food Radio!
With the holiday season winding down, we discuss the importance of blood sugar balance and how it affects our mood and energy.
Also discussed in Episode 3…
- Diana’s RD update: Her work with the not-for-profit grocery store Daily Table
- A look at the typical American diet and how it sets us up on a blood sugar roller coaster
- Insulin’s role in blood sugar management
- Signs and symptoms of insulin resistance
- Choosing the right carbohydrates to help balance blood sugar
- Don’t fear the fat: How healthy fat helps to prevent blood sugar spikes
- Shifting focus from calories to blood sugar balance
- The importance of protein in the diet and why protein sources matter
- Creating easy, balanced meals using the Meal Matrix
- Getting rid of cravings using real food
- Balanced meal and snack ideas
- Lifestyle factors that affect metabolism and long-term health
- The positive impact a balanced diet has on living a healthy life
Vermont Smoke & Cure
Dang Coconut Chips
Tesse Mae’s Dressing
Brain Wave App
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
You can find us on iTunes and on Stitcher – be sure to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!
If you liked this article, join our email list to receive more quality, women's health content right in your inbox.
Your email address is safe. We promise to never spam you.
Nice…and interasting. Good. Meal matrix is great.
[…] The Blood Sugar Roller Coaster […]
[…] about the extra calories in fat? Don’t be. Weight management is more about blood sugar control and the quality of food then it is about […]