Real Food Radio Episode 012: The Cholesterol Myth
Welcome to Real Food Radio! We’re back with a brand new co-host, Nicole Holovach. Nicole is a registered dietitian, farmer, and owner of Whole Health RD, a private nutrition practice based in Frederick, MD. You can find Diana Rodgers’ new podcast over on her website at SustainableDish.com.
In this episode, we discuss Nicole’s latest blog post on Cholesterol, clear up the confusion behind its role in our body, and help to dispel some of the rumors that give cholesterol its bad reputation.
Also discussed in Episode 12…
- Meet Nicole Holovach of Whole Health RD
- Breaking down the different types of cholesterol and what really goes on in your arteries
- Why the typical methods of measuring cholesterol don’t paint the entire picture
- Understanding the different types of fats and how they affect the body
- The benefits of cholesterol and the role it plays in our bodies
- What really influences cholesterol levels
- The lab tests and health markers we recommend to get a full picture of the effect cholesterol has on the body
- Methods to lowering your cholesterol in a physiologically safe way
Disclaimer: High total cholesterol is a serious issue and should not be ignored. It is important to work with your physician to determine the best course of treatment. Cardiovascular health is complex and there are many reasons, including genetics, why you may not respond to nutrition interventions or why nutrition interventions alone are not enough. Nothing in this podcast should be taken as medical advice.
Thanks for listening!