Real Food Radio Episode 014: Alternatives to the Grocery Store
Welcome to Real Food Radio! We’re back with a brand new co-host, Nicole Holovach. Nicole is a registered dietitian, farmer, and owner of Whole Health RD, a private nutrition practice based in Frederick, MD.
In this episode, we discuss alternatives to big top grocery stores to source organic produce, meats and other staples for your real food kitchen.
Also discussed in Episode 14…
- Meet Nicole Holovach of Whole Health RD
- Fall grape harvest at Nicole’s vineyard
- Infant feeding guidelines
- Stocking your real food kitchen
- Online Resources
- US Wellness Meats
- Organ meats
- Hometown Harvest
- Thrive Market
- South Mountain Creamery in Maryland
- Walden Local Meat in Massachusetts
- Community farm stands and farmers markets
- Local Harvest
- Seasonal eating
- Ethnic markets
- Community of producers and consumers
- Small health stores and co-ops
- Regrowing produce at home
Disclaimer: Nothing in this podcast should be taken as medical advice.
Thanks for listening!