Real Food Radio Episode 030: What You Need To Know About Vitamin D
Welcome to Real Food Radio! This week Nicole and I discuss the world of Vitamin D and everything you need to know about Vitamin D’s role in the body, measuring Vitamin D, deficiency, and how to increase levels of Vitamin D.
Also discussed in Episode 30…
- Nourish Your Fertility
- Nourish Your Fertility Website
- Vitamin D research
- Vitamin D is a hormone the body produces in response to the sun
- Every cell in the body has a vitamin D receptor
- Affect on immune system
- Why are my vitamin D levels low?
- Risk factors for deficiency
- Genetic polymorphism in BCMO1 gene snp
- Excess vitamin D
- Fat intake
- How to measure Vitamin D levels
- 25-Hydroxy Vitamin D Test
- Chris Masterjohn
- Cod liver oil
- Food sources for vitamin D
- Epsom salt baths
- Sperti Vitamin D Lamp
- Benefits of light
- dminder app
- Liver Pate
- Meatballs with liver
- General tips for those that hate liver
Disclaimer: Nothing in this podcast should be taken as medical advice.
Body Composition testing at Boston Functional Nutrition
Body Composition testing at Whole Health RD
Nourish You Fertility on Facebook
Boston Functional Nutrition on Facebook
Whole Health RD
Whole Health RD on Facebook
Music Credit: www.bensound.com
You can find us on iTunes and on Stitcher – be sure to subscribe!
Thanks for listening!
If you liked this article, join our email list to receive more quality, women's health content right in your inbox.
Your email address is safe. We promise to never spam you.
Hello, I just listened to the vitamins D episode and I’m looking for the studies mentioned regarding high levels of vitamin D and its correlation with higher mortality. Is that linked somewhere? Thank you for all the info.